Travel across five different agro-climatic zones.Learn about the social life of primates. Understand the significance of traditional Kandyan home garden system. Meet the smiling &Take your selfie on the top of Pidurangala rock with the Sigiriya Lion rock in the background. Unforgettable train journey through tea plantations.
This southbound-across-the highland trekking tour starts in Yapahuwa and ends in Colombo.
Duration: 14 days 13 nights
Type: Small group – 4 to 8
Treks: 4 – 60 km (total distance)
Level: Easy to moderate
Start: Colombo International Airport (CMB)
End: Colombo or Negombo
Day 1: Airport / Yapahuwa – 120 KM
Climb the Yapahuwa Rock Fortress.
Day 2: Yapahuwa – Nikawewa – Pidurangala (Sigiriya)
Trek to Nagala mountain – 15 km
Day 3: Pidurangala (Sigiriya)
Climb the Pidurangala rock.
Optional visits: Sigiriya Lion Rock, National Park ( Minneriya, Kaudulla or Eco Park )
Day 4: Sigiriya – Polonnuruwa
Introduction to primates of Sri Lanka. Night walk to spot the elusive Slender Loris.
Optional visits: Polonnaruwa archeological site
Day 5: Polonnaruwa – Riverston (Knuckles forest range)
Guided monkey trail through the Polonnaruwa archeological site.
Day 6: Riverston – Kandy
Trek to Maningala mountain – 12 km
Day 7: Kandy
Trek to ancient strategic outpost in Balana – 18 km
Day 8: Kandy
Day at leisure. Do what you want!
Optional visits: Peradeniya Botanical Garden / Kandy city & market / Sacred Tooth Relic Temple
Day 9: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Belipola
Travel by train to Nuwaraeliya.
Introduction to Analog Forestry & organic farming.
Day 10: Belipola
Full day activities in organic farming with local organic farmer families.
Day 11: Belipola – Ohiya
Day 12: Ohiya – Kalupahana – Wirawila
Trek to Kalupahana – 15 km
Day 13: Wirawila – Galle – Colombo
Day 14: Colombo – Airport (B.I.A)
♥ Yapahuwa rock fortress and temple
♥ Pidurangala rock in Sigiriya
♥ Learn about social life of primates of Sri Lanka
♥ Knuckles forest range
♥ Learn about the the Kandyan home-garden system and analog forestry
♥ Learn the art of traditional dance & drums
♥ Scenic train journey
♥ Interact with local community
♥ Try your hand at cooking a Sri Lankan meal with a local family
♥ Do your own thing
♥ Nagala trek – 15km
♥ Maningala trek – 12km
♥ Balana trek – 18km
♥ Devils trek – 15km
Double or Twin room share basis – triple / single on request
Our preferred accommodation stops
- Yapahuwa – Yapahuwa Paradise
- Pidurangala – Kurulu Uyana
- Riverston (Knuckles forest range) – Sir John’s Bungalow (en suite rooms with private bathrooms) or Gal Bungalawa (dorm type accommodation with separate bathrooms & toilets)
- Kandy – Queens hotel or Shangrila family run guest house in Kandy city centre
- Belipola – Forest Garden
- Wirawila – Farmers House
- Colombo – Lake Lodge (Colombo 5) or Horakelle bungalow (in close proximity to the airport)
- Air-conditioned passenger van with rear luggage compartment
- Auto rickshaw (tuk-tuk) / local bus & train – as required
- English speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Local trek guide during treks
- 13 nights accommodation
- 13 breakfasts
- 11 lunches (packed, local eatery or local house)
- 10 dinners
- Water & fruits during walks
- Entrance fees to Yapahuwa rock fortress, Pidurangala rock, Polonnaruwa archeological site & Knuckles forest range
- International flights
- Travel insurance
- Visa fees
- Departure tax (if applicable)
- National Tour Guide – on request
- Optional visits and entrance fees
- Tips and personal expenses
- Drinks during meals
- 2 lunches
- 3 dinners
Choose your dates, who goes with you, tailor make the program if you wish to and then we will send you the price and the detailed itinerary.