Meet the team
Better known as “Raja” among the tourism & travel fraternity in Sri Lanka. With over three decades of tourism experience from all aspects of tour planning to tour guiding. Raja’s approach to travel is unmatchable- he’s all about authenticity offering simple local experiences that highlight the human aspects of travel. For many years he has been passionate about trekking and finally decided to follow his dream. As a true pioneer, Raja co-organised the first Tuk Tuk Adventure Challenge (Lanka Challenge) around the island in 2009/10 and the first 210 km ultramarathon “The Wild Elephant Trail” in March 2015/16.
He has travelled extensively throughout Asia and Europe.
Director webmarketing and communications
Born in France, bred in Sri Lanka and as such understands both cultures like no one else!
Sylvain has travelled extensively around Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Cambodia – he is a real photography enthusiast, who loves nothing better than sports, trekking and exploring new vistas in tourism. Currently based in Paris to complete his Master’s degree in Digital Communications. Our Pastis N’ Curry chap will ensure that you travel differently in Sri Lanka and capture truly unique moments.
We understand that any form of tourism inevitably brings with it some negative fallouts. Our main objective is to make as little negative impact on the environment and the local communities as possible.
- Maintain Our “small group” policy to minimise the negative impact both on the environment and the people
- Work with small rural businesses
- Pay a fair remuneration to our trek guides, chauffeurs guides, and activity operators
- Engage the members of the outline communities in service and provision supply
- Provide an extra source of income for local communities
- Encourage the participants to give time and skills (Shramadana) to the local community whenever possible
- Do not promote or encourage elephant rides in our trips
Our team of trek guides, chauffeur guides and local partners are equally outdoor inspired, like-minded amateurs and professionals from different fields.
We are all passionate about trekking & walking and love to share our insight and experiences with you and are committed to operate our activities in a responsible way.